SHEA’s Advanced Practice Infection Prevention (IP) Award is intended to recognize professional accomplishments and contributions to the science of infection prevention, healthcare epidemiology, or antibiotic stewardship by an experienced professional in the field. The award will be given annually to a non-physician infection preventionist to support his/her continuing education and professional development. The award recipients will receive $1,250. The Awards Committee will recommend the finalist to the SHEA Board of Trustees for approval. The deadline to apply is June 16, 2023.
- Nominee must be a professional actively involved in infection prevention and control/healthcare epidemiology for at least 10 years.
- Nominee must be an active SHEA and/or Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) member.
- Nominee must be a recognized expert and show evidence of significant contributions to infection prevention and control research, and have created, delivered, promoted, or influenced infection prevention and control/healthcare epidemiology practice, or influenced public perception, attitudes, and awareness.
- Prior recipients are ineligible for this award.
- A nomination letter from a SHEA member summarizing the nominee’s contributions to infection prevention and control/healthcare epidemiology
- Nominee’s CV
- Letter no longer than one page of nominee’s goals and interest in infection prevention, healthcare epidemiology, or antibiotic stewardship